Sunday 30 July 2017

500 bricks

*Scottish accent*

When I wake up,
Hell I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who really needs to pee.

And when I'm hungry,
Hell I know it's gonna be
It's gonna be the same old biscuit for me.

If I'm late up,
Hell I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who Robbie's gonna tease.

And when I go out,
Hell I know it's gonna be
It's gonna be the same old bricklaying for me.

I will lay 500 bricks
And I will lay 500 more
Just to be the man who lays 1000 bricks
To be told it's all wrong.

And when I come back,
Hell I'm hoping it's gonna be
It's gonna be some bone free meat eventually.

And when I need to,
Hell I know I'm gonna need
I'm gonna need to ask Kev for some loo roll.

But if my aim's off,
Hell Phil is gonna be
He gonna be one pissed off guy at me.

Then when I'm sweaty,
Hell the shower's gonna be
It's gonna be one chilly trickle down on me.

And I will lay 500 bricks
Oh I will lay 500 more
Just to be that man who lays 1000 bricks
To fix it on the next course

*Der de der der,
           Der de der der,
 Der de der der,
           Der de der der,
Der der dundiddle dundiddle dundiddle dun dah dah
Der de der der,
           Der de der der,
 Der de der der,
           Der de der der,
Der der dundiddle dundiddle dundiddle dun dah dah*

And when I cater,
Hell I know it's gonna be
It's gonna be one early morning for me.

And when I'm cooking,
I hope it isn't gonna be
Gonna be a smokey plate of curry for tea.

And when I'm washing,
Hell it's finally gonna be
It's gonna be some nice clean pants for me.

Then when I'm resting,
Hell I know there's gonna be
There's gonna be a nice place to sh*t finally
I'm gonna be the guy who comes back home...
All clean.

And I will lay 500 bricks
Oh I will lay 500 more
Just to be that mazungu who laid 1000 bricks
To find Karen cackling at me.

*Der de der der etc*

Love from Sam Campbell and Jack Saville
Xxx

21 comments:

  1. What happens when the wall gets taller? Step ladders or is it piggy back bricklaying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you build will you send back
    A letter from Africa?
    Take a look at your good work
    From Cleveland to Tanzania

    Love Wx (Bob's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I could think of was bennie when reading this holly, been talking to bennie today as I've had an ikea build day (probably not as hard as building a school but some serious cupboards have been eretected) and we compared Alan key collections. Full tidy day in Watkins house meaning jo and Paul's marriage is on the rocks but alas the stationary is all organised. Bet you're excited for your rest day tommorow, I'm off to watch brain surgerys so exciting day all round. Hope you enjoy it love, stella x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No scaffolding on photos are u standing on tall people's shoulders good song choicetry bohemian rhapsody next

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another brilliant Log. Loving the photos. Keep up the good work. The parksies.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with the building - I can see Karen has been working you hard. Fantastic blog - it has been keeping me entertained. I'm very impressed. If you could package some of that sunshine and send it here that would be great. Keep using the sun screen. Love Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another excellent blog and excellent photos. Don't forget Bob sun cream, tablets and we love you lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're very impressed with the building work, it's looking very imressive. You must all be working very hard. Keep the awesome posts coming and really enjoying the pictures. Love Kelly (jacob Bainbridge's mum), barry, connor, joe and sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see William on my Birthday, and our Wedding Anniversary. The walls looking good as well. Love reading the blogs. Keep up the good work. (Victoria. Williams Mum).

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not annoying that that song is stuck in my head at all! The walls are looking good. Vik. P.s elephant juice Esme 😘 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, from one very proud mum, that was an awesome blog!! Well done to the two of you. Think you two need to change your career paths ha ha! Glad you are all surviving the heat, work, food and toilets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to hear everyone is enjoying the experience. Looks like everyone is having a great time!
    A great group doing a wonderful job!
    Adam have you played your drums with the locals yet?
    I sure they will love your sense of rhythm and will give ou the benefit of their rhythm.
    Love you young man and keep doing what your doing. Be safe and see you soon.
    Love to you Adam from Dad

    ReplyDelete
  13. (scottish accent)
    You're on your way from Teesside to Africa today
    Aha aha aha aha
    (repeat)
    You're on your way to start to build a brick wall
    And days from now you'll build a bigger brick wall
    And later on you'll put another course on
    And after that its time to put the roof on

    ReplyDelete
  14. You lot cheer us up all the time so proud please post us some for-ever sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well your upbeat blog today roused our whole family (me in particular) to have a right good sing song around the dining table. It may be hot, the work may be dirty, and the food very different but you all still seem chipper.
    The building seems to be coming along nicely so apart from sitting around complaining about the food and toilet facilities and of course making little ditties for your blog, it appears you are indeed working.
    All is quiet in the WG household. Children are in bed, dog is in basket and alcohol has been consumed in fair amounts by parents.
    Despite having four tearaways the house is a tiny bit less crazy while you are away holly. The bathroom is free on a morning, no used dishes are perched in unusual yet strategic points around the home and the laundry is surprisingly less!
    However this leads us to heavy hearts and a holly sized hole in the family. So we had no choice but to go into your bedroom and trash it. We pulled all the clothes out of the wardrobe kicked them about the room and then put them in the laundry. We took all your beauty products and squirted them all over the bathroom and we all ate lunch in your room and left all the pots for you.
    So we don't miss you too much at all anymore 😂🤣😂🤣
    Look forward to hearing your blog and hoping you are happy and healthy lots o loves the WGs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will there be anywhere inside this school to hide bread?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely fantastic blog Sam! Just loving reading the blogs each evening. Missing you, but SO proud of you! Love Nana and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it had me singing along.
    Crack on then.
    Its a wet morning in the Boro. Jill Fidan

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI....and I thought Spain was hot!please tell Euan, who thought he was escaping everyone by leaving his phone, I thought out of politeness I'd try to contact him and let him know- I appreciate the use of his room. Eusytnua.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Coming along well. Well done all. Jacob ur height will help as those bricks get higher. Fab blog again. Love and miss you jacob b love auntie kirsty and Minnie 🐾 X

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to include your name when sending messages!